MAVTV Junior EnduroCross Championship Recognizes Upcoming Stars
Meet the three top contenders for 2012
Irvine, CA (May 29, 2012) – The MAVTV Junior EnduroCross Championship is designed to recognize the upcoming stars of GEICO AMA EnduroCross. It is limited to riders 21 years of age and under and is a championship within a championship. Lucas Oil backed Colton Haaker won the Junior EnduroCross Championship in 2009 and 2010 and in 2012; he opened the season with his first ever main event win. Monster Energy Kawasaki’s Taylor Robert won the 2011 Junior EnduroCross Championship and he too proved that he is getting closer to the front by finishing fifth at the Las Vegas opener. But both of these riders are now over the age limit for the junior championship so who are the young guns to watch for in 2012?
|Rider Max Gerston. Photo: Drew Ruiz
* MAX GERSTON won the GEICO AMA EnduroCross Open Amateur Grand Championship in 2011. The Arizona native has an off-road racing background and he has competed in the International Six Days Enduro. For 2012, the factory Beta team has picked him up to contest Expert class and winning the MAVTV Junior Championship is high on his priority list. Max took home 12th position in Las Vegas to take the Junior Championship points lead (Riders finishing 3rd to 11th in the LCQ earn points for 12th to 20th place).
* KEITH SWEETEN is from Oregon City, Oregon and he and his father represent both ends of the spectrum in EnduroCross. Nineteen year old Keith is gunning for top spots in the Expert class while his father regularly competes in the Vet 35+ class. Like a lot of the top EnduroCross stars, Keith has a Trials background but is quickly learning to race EnduroCross. He made a switch to a Gas Gas two-stroke for 2012. Sweeten earned 15th place points at the opening round.
* RYAN SANDOVAL burst onto the EnduroCross scene a few years ago at the age of sixteen. He entered the Open Amateur class but the race director moved him up to the Expert class after practice because it was clear that was where he belonged. He made the main event that night and Ty Davis (owner of Zip Ty Racing) took notice and picked him up for his Husqvarna backed team in 2011. That proved to be a tough season for Sandoval and with continued backing from Zip Ty Racing; he has now switched to a Yamaha and looks ready to get back into some main events. Sandoval got 16th in Las Vegas.
These are just some of the riders to cheer for during the 2012 GEICO AMA EnduroCross Championship, presented by Lucas Oil. The next round will be in Sacramento, California on June 9th.
The following local dealers will be selling tickets and have displays at the Sacramento EnduroCross:
* PCP Motorsports: www.pcpmotorsports.com
* Good Times Motorsports: www.sacramentomotorcycles.com
* Mikes Cycle: www.mikeskawasaki.com
* Riverfront Kawasaki: www.riverfrontkawasakisuzuki.com
The X Games event will air on ESPN networks and the remaining GEICO AMA EnduroCross events will be aired on the Lucas Motorsports Hour on the NBC Sports Network. Check your local listings or www.motorsportshour.com. The Sacramento round is scheduled to air on Saturday, July 8 at 5:00 pm EST.
Results and live timing and scoring are available at: http://endurocross.tracksideresults.com/class.asp?s=&c=&e=37. For more information, go to www.EnduroCross.com.
|2012 GEICO AMA EnduroCross Schedule
|Las Vegas, NV
||May 4, 2012
||Orleans Arena (Friday during Supercross weekend)
||June 9, 2012
||Power Balance Pavilion
|Los Angeles, CA
||July 1, 2012
||September 15, 2012
||Citizens Business Bank Arena
||October 6, 2012
||National Western Complex
||October 20, 2012
||October 27, 2012
|Las Vegas, NV
||November 17, 2012
EnduroCross tracks incorporate various elements of extreme off road racing into a Supercross-style setting, including rocks, boulders, logs, sand, mud, a water-hole…and even a few special obstacles like giant tires thrown in! Known as the "toughest racing on two wheels," this indoor off road racing will certainly keep you on your feet. For the seven EnduroCross events, be sure to log-on to www.motorsportshour.com for local air dates/times for the Lucas Motorsports Hour on the Versus network.
ENDUROCROSS is a registered trademark of Source Interlink Magazines, LLC.
For rules and race information visit www.EnduroCross.com or email email@example.com.
EnduroCross has quickly become recognized as the most exciting and entertaining form of motorcycle racing in America. Introduced to the states in 2004 as a single, stand alone event, the Maxxis National EnduroCross grew to a three-round series in 2007. To celebrate its success in 2008, GEICO EnduroCross expanded to a six-round series playing to key markets across the United States. www.EnduroCross.com
Media giant Source Interlink Media’s GrindMedia is home to renowned action and adventure sports magazine brands and the leading provider of online action sports and entertainment content. With flagship action sports brands including Surfer, Surfing, Snowboarder, Skateboarder, Powder, Bike, Canoe & Kayak, SUP-Standup Paddler and Paved, as well as their standalone websites, GrindMedia is the leading action and adventure sports magazine publisher in the United States. Delivering significant reach across both action sports enthusiast and various in-market consumer audiences, GrindMedia also produces more than 20 leading events and webcasts such as Surfer Poll Awards, Powder Video Awards, Nike 6.0 Lowers Pro, EnduroCross and International Surfing Day. GrindMedia is also the action and adventure sports content provider for Yahoo! Sports. To learn more, visit www.grindmedia.com.
About Source Interlink Media Motorsports
Encompassing the highly successful GEICO AMA MiniMotoSX presented by Monster Energy and Braaap USA, the GEICO AMA EnduroCross Championship Series, presented by Lucas Oil and the AMA EnduroCross Grand Championships, the Source Interlink Media Motorsports brands reach millions of motorcycle enthusiasts with live events, DVD packages, web sites, television and magazine coverage. Visit www.minimotosx.co or www.EnduroCross.com